Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

During a recent move, my Nordictrack T5.3 stopped operating

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The computer is operating fine, the treadmill track is not responding
JA: Sometimes it feels like you can get a real workout just fighting with an exercise machine. ;-) Fortunately, the tech wizards can help, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Have you tried to troubleshoot?
Customer: No, never did troubleshooting on this before
JA: Is there anything else the Fitness Equipment Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think was treated rather roughly during out move
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi there

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

The most likely cause of the problem is that a wire or cable harness has become loose or disconnected during the move.
You will need to examine the cable harnesses that go from the deck to the control panel.
Remove and re-connect each cable to ensure they are securely fitted and making a good connection.

Let me know if you intend to carry out this repair yourself, or if you need a repairer in your area?