Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Creaking of Pro-Form ZE6 elliptical after 1 year use. All

Customer Question

Hi.
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Creaking of Pro-Form ZE6 elliptical after 1 year use. All parts removed. Creak isolated to front end comprising drive belt, bearings, drive wheel, crank, tension wheel. What is cause? Can it be fixed by changing belt tension? replacing bearings?....Appreciate your thoughts on this?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Fitness Equipment Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi there

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi there,

It depends where the noise is coming from - usually it is the bearings that have gone.

Try applying a little oil around them first - if that helps quieten them down then you know that they may need replacing if the noise comes back.

Pete.