Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

My control buttons do not work consistently. It crawls along

Customer Question

my control buttons do not work consistently. It crawls along on 1 or 2 but 3 does not work and 4 you are running.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: incline 5, 6 and 8 do not work. Speed + or - does not work. Speed 2, 3, do not work. Start and Stop does not work. Speeds above 4 runs wide open when they work.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fitness Equipment Technician should know?
Customer: nothing i can think of right now. The buttons are not consistent in how they respond. To make all buttons work i need to press and rub; simple touching as it once was does not activate anything.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

What's the model number of the machine?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Approximately how old is the machine?

Has it ever been serviced?

Do you have any electrical test equipment available, or are you looking for a repairer in your area?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The treadmill is around 6 years old, never been serviced and i am not an electrician. If there is any local service i would be happy to know name and phone number. We are close to Des Moines, Iowa