Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I purchased a Nordictrack E5 si used. It came without the

Customer Question

I purchased a Nordictrack E5 si used. It came without the electrical cord so I ordered that and I ordered a Jillian Michaels get fit ifit card. The machine comes on and Jillian speaks then it stutters and begins again over and over again. Do I need to go into the back of the machine and open it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Fitness Equipment Technician should be aware of?
Customer: don't think so at this time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It is possible that the iFit card itself is imperfect, damaged, or defective. With only one iFit card to try, there's not telling whether the iFit card, or the console it plugs into, is the defective part... but it is much easier to replace the iFit card, and personally I suspect it's the defective part.But before returning it for a refund (or, an exchange for another equivalent, but working, Jillian Michaels iFit card), try removing it from the console, and then re-inserting it. Try it once more after reseating it in this fashion, and if it still fails, return it, I advise. (If the E5 machine works otherwise, the above is reasonable. But, if it does not work well even without the iFit card in it, then you need to consider whether it is the E5 machine that has the problem. So put it through its paces a bit, also, before returning the iFit card. BTW: iFit cards are in my experience not terribly reliable as a technology, that is why I incline toward the card being defective, simply.)