Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

The belt moves on my treadmill but once I step on it stops

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It was given to me and it's dirty how do I clean it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fitness Equipment Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the treadmill. Still, if all external factors have been checked and ruled out, then the described symptom almost always point to a hardware issue. More particularly, potential suspects are:• slipping/loose/deformed belt (least likely);• weak motor (likely);• faulty motor controller (most likely).All of the above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter?