Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a NordicTrack X9i and it want turn on!

Customer Question

Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Make sure the safety key is in place - if your model has one.If the machine lacks power altogether:1. check the outlet it is plugged into, by trying another (known to be good) device on it.2. check the power cord at both ends and along its length for any obvious fault.3. turn the switch Off at where the power cord goes into the machine. Leave it Off for 10 minutes or longer, turn it On and try again.4. if it still fails to turn On, look for a fuse or breaker switch. Most such machine's don't have a breaker switch, but if this one does, it should be near where the power cord goes into the machine, and look like a pushbutton; push it in to reset it, while the power switch is Off.As for a fuse, it would be in a fuse holder, which would be either round and black plastic with a slot in it for a straight-blade screwdriver, or would be in a rectangular clear-plastic case, and visible through it... a case that can be snapped outward for fuse examination and replacement. After that, if it still shows no signs of life:- how old is the machine?- was it moved recently?- was there a thunderstorm locally before it first failed to turn On?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
still not a thing yes it was recently moved I bought it yesterday
Did you buy it New?If so, disassemble, pack it up, and return it. It is evidently defective. You should get a Return/Exchange for it ASAP, before the return/exchange period with the vendor or store runs out.Be sure to have your sales slip with you when returning it. You'll need proof that you bought it within the return/exchange period. (Of course, if you're not sure you assembled it correctly... unless of course, it *did* turn On and run when you first assembled it, but doesn't any longer, in which case it is a defective-from-store machine. Period, and no doubts.) If this answers your question fully, please rate my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck with it.