Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a bmi 9850 that I reassembled. But I cannot remember

Customer Question

i have a bmi 9850 that I reassembled. But I cannot remember where the floating pulleys go
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Would a photo of the completely assembled 9850 help?:$_1.JPG I don't know which pulleys you mean by the 'floating' pulleys - if you let me know, I will try to find an even better photo or illustration. This photo seems to be of the same machine and to show all the pulleys (with the weights in the lowered position and thus not blocking the view of some of the pulleys):
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My machine is a four position or station bmi with two weight stacks. The floating pulleys refer to pulleys that are not fastened to the machine body. I have two sets of floating pulleys both contain two pulleys. one of the two has opposing 3 inch pulleys the other has tandem 4 inch pulleys. Neither one of your photos are my machine.
I am sorry if the pictures did not match your machine. Please double-check that you have a BMI 9850. Let me know if your model # ***** ***** please.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes it is a model 9850. I have 4 stations with two weight stacks. station one has leg extention lat pull down seated rows etc. a total of 13 exercises on one weight stack. station two is a vertical knee raise, this one uses no weight stack. station three is abdominal crunch and back flex, this uses the former weight stack. Station four is the squat and it uses its own weight stack. Iam taking this off the model 9850 fitness routine order, which I have in my possession. I have previously looked on the internet and found the pictures you sent and they are not my machine!
I regret having made no progress so far. I will make further efforts toward locating documentation with the information you need.
After some time searching, I have found a 9000 or 9500 BMI home gym assembly manual, or a source for it anyway: I am aware that it is not a 9800 series, and may not match yours at all. A picture is included with it, which should indicate whether it is applicable to your need, or not. I am continuing to search....
The only other lead I have found is this posting, made in 2014, of a for-sale ad: This seller might possibly be willing to post you a photo of his (assembled? hopefully) 9800 home gym. I have given up on finding anything more, myself. If you would prefer that another Expert here continue searching, let me know, and I will turn it over to other Experts free of additional charge.