Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I bought a NordicTrack Elliptical (Spacesaver SE9i, Model NTEL09814.0)

Customer Question

I bought a NordicTrack Elliptical (Spacesaver SE9i, Model NTEL09814.0) in January 2016 and it keeps getting stuck at the highest incline level (reads 0.0 incline on the console). When I try to calibrate it, all I hear is clicking sounds with no movement. If I try to calibrate it repeatedly (like 20 times), it will eventually go down so the incline motor works. A tech has replaced the incline motor twice (we're on our third motor), I've replaced the console, the control module near the flywheel and we continue to have the same problem. Any clue as to what I can try next?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The incline problem sounds like a bad sensor. Esp. since no sensor has been replaced nor adjusted nor even checked (?) by your account so far.The other possible cause is the incline motor control board - unless that's 'the control module near the flywheel' that you mentioned.And lastly, you could check the power supply levels. An eccentric voltage level might doubtfully contribute to the problem(s).