Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Healthrider HRTL71830 console problems. JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

Healthrider HRTL71830 console problems.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: LED works, no response to buttons.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fitness Equipment Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.
Hi Mike and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, have you tried with the iFIT.com wire temporarily disconnected?
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.
These are the only easy user doable tries; re-check the wiring, connectors and the flex/ribbon cable. Still, the described "...no response to buttons..." would almost always point to a failed console which then would require replacement.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've done that prior to my question. How do I replace the console?
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.
Unfortunately considering its age, the HealthRider R65 HRTL71830 console is NLA (no-longer-available).The only chance would be to constantly look for this part on eBay, Amazon, Craigslist and other online sources. I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Louie, last question. When I can get in calibration mode then exit it works fine. But when I stop and start again back to no response. Still the console right? Man it looks like new and the motor is fine and it's upstairs, a pain to get down. If I am lucky enough to find a used console, any idea how much I should pay? Thanks for your time, Mike
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.
Hi again Mike,And yes, even with this "...calibration mode then exit it works fine...", the console would still be the primary suspect.Offhand, the equivalent of 100USD (or less) would be reasonable for a used/working console.Again sorry; wish I have better news other than the above.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, thanks Louie.
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.
Glad that the above information may serve your purpose and would appreciate a Positive Rating and/or an Accept (if haven't done so).Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.