treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon

I'm just wondering if you can help me with our treadmill.

Customer Question

Hello I'm just wondering if you can help me with our treadmill. we can turn the treadmill power on but as soon as you start the belt it'll instantly blow a fuse. we think is the circuit board but were unsure of what a certain part is, can you help?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The red circle highlights the box which i would like to know what it is.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. Does it blow a fuse in your house or does it blow something on the board itself?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It Blows a fuse on the circuit board. there are two 15A 250v 5x20mm fuse's and one will always blow when the running machine is started.
Does it blow as soon as you turn the machine on, or once the motor starts running?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
once the motor starts running. it'll turn on fine and everything on the display works.
Ok how old is the machine? Is it still under warranty at all?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
its around 6 years old so that'll be a no. we took the fuse board to a local electrician who deals with circuit boards and he knows everything on the board except from the black box. do you possibly know what it is? theres a image above.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Anything ?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 months ago.
Are there any numbers or anything like that on it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No unfortunately the numbers have wore off that's why we are struggling with what it is.
From what I am seeing this looks like the motor control board. It looks like that black piece could be either a transformer or a oddly shaped ceramic capacitor. It is hard to tell without being able to physically see it or get a number off of it. If it is a transformer and it is bad it could short out a fuse. Can you get even a partial number off of it for me?