Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My nordictrack 35s doesn't recognize I'm using it JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

my nordictrack 35s doesn't recognize I'm using it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Did you get my message
JA: Is there anything else the Fitness Equipment Technician should be aware of?
Customer: everything else works
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
type
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok there was the identical question asked on this site before
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If it doesn't recognize you are using it, do you mean it fails to accumulate totals of speed and distance or time when you use it?If so, and if it is still usable, then it doesn't have the very common speed sensor problem, but rather, a probable breakage of the console/computer. (If I have guessed wrong about what 'does not recognize you are using it', then please explain what problem you are asking about, and I will advise you as appropriate. Thanks.)
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It also says hold the display switch and it gives hours used then requests to hold the display again and says module not seen or something like that.
What is the exact message about the module not being seen? I think it is an important message.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Darn it I'm not home module not seen not recognized
Is it module not seen not recognized or home module not seen ?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
not seen
The first message, or the second? Is it module not seen not recognized or home module not seen
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1. If I hold the display key it gives a indication to hold the display key and view something then it gives another prompt to hold the display key then when I do it says module not seen.
'Module not seen' is not a documented error message. Doubtfully it might reference the iFit module. Does it precede this with a 'not recognized' message or the like? Does it work otherwise, aside from these peculiar error messages?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hold display key for information mode
Hold display key to advance
No Module Detected
Does it work otherwise, aside from these peculiar error messages? (The No Module Detected message seems to mean, there's nothing plugged in as far as accessories are concerned... such as the iFit.)
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Theres no beep at he beginning I can select programs and resistance but no display mode works
That seems to me to mean, simply, your console has gone bad and needs replacing.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do you know who has the best price on them
If you would like a price, first I must determine the part #.Looking that up... I find that this is what's listed, here's a picture of it to compare to yours: http://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/product_files/Console-Display-135342-6061792-F.jpg Catalog Number:(###) ###-####So that's its part # ***** And on that part # (listed at fitnessrepairparts.com as $485.55 ):I find nothing else by that part #. The only other source for it lists it at $9xx.00 or so, I think 485.55 is the best price out there. Go to this page:http://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/diagram/16004 click on # ***** in the parts list, and there's the console, to order from there. If this answers your question fully, please rate my answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Shit
Thank you
If you consider the price exorbitantly expensive, you could always look on your local craigslist, and on freecycle.net also for your locale, to see if - eventually - an identical model is being offered cheaply or for free (in craigslist's Free category or For Sale category) that you could get the console off of in working condition, and put it onto yours.