Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant

On my GX 5.0 Pro the resistance showing on the console has

Customer Question

On my GX 5.0 Pro the resistance showing on the console has become inaccurate. The pedals also started slipping a half turn once in a while, just enough to be aggravating. I have the machine apart and have adjusted up the connector to the plate that moves towards the flywheel. The inaccuracy continues with no resistance occurring until I press the + button past 15 then resistance finally kicks in. The belt seems to be tight so I haven't tried adjusting it.
Thanks for your help,
Dennis Wilcox
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
The belt will be extremely tight. That is normal. If the resistance motor is not changing the resistance, that could be to blame, but make sure the crank is not slipping on the axel because that is a different problem.
The crank should never move in relation to the axel, they should move as one part.