Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant

My treadmill preform do 550 is not running as fast as the

Customer Question

My treadmill preform do 550 is not running as fast as the time says on the display. I can put it at 6.4 and still be at a walk.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 6 months ago.
indicates, a problem with the controller or no voltage to the motor. to solve the problem unplug the treadmill. next, check the belt from the motor to the front roller. if the belt is missing or loose the walking belt will not move. also, check all the wires plugged into the control board. if you find an unplugged wire, there should be an open terminal on the control board next to it. after the control board has been checked, plug in the treadmill and try it. if the belt still does not move, calibrate the speed on the enter the "calibration mode" follow the steps below:1 remove the safety key2 press and hold the stop and speed up buttons3 insert the safety key4 release the stop and speed up buttons. the console is now in calibration mode.while in the calibration mode go to the second level by pushing the speed up button.push the speed up button until 84% or 85% show in the calories window of the console. next, push the speed down button until the display shows zero.pull out the safety key and reinsert it so the treadmill returns to normal mode.if the calibration does not fix the problem, the control board needs to be replaced. the dc motor that turns the walking belt rarely goes bad. i hope this helps.