Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Disc is passing thru center and the bracket looks fine. I can

Customer Question

Disc is passing thru center and the bracket looks fine. I can manually turn it and its not rubbing against anything. I tried unplugging from the board and replugging but still have error code 31 so does this mean the sensor is bad and is that the cable that plugs to the mounting bracket and the computer baord?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Info on this model is somewhat limited (that I can find) but:- a cable from the mounting bracket to the computer board certainly sounds like a sensor.- Does the motor move, after you press START? depending upon that, there are two different interpretations of the error code 31. If the motor doesn't move things at all, not even briefly, then wiring to the motor (or several major parts in association with the motor) could need replacing, but if the motor does move things briefly at least before stopping again, that's most likely the sensor itself.- and if it is a sensor, it is an optical sensor, so it must be aligned to 'read' the moving part(s), period. Usually optical sensors straddle a set of rotating vanes, and when the vane is between the sensor and the optical emitter (i.e. the light) then it 'reads' a vane as present, etc. So alignment is also critical, in eliminating the error.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No movement from the motor. I hear a lick like it wants to do something but it never moves.
Then you don't have a problem with the sensor. Whats left: checking the motor windings for continuity (in case they're broken, melted, etc.), and checking them for shorts to ground (in case they are melted, etc.)Then, making sure the wires to control panel from the power supply board are OK.Then, if nothing is found to be wrong so far, you may need to replace either- power supply boardor- motor controller board.