Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I am trying to do a minimal disassembly on a NordicTrack E

Customer Question

I am trying to do a minimal disassembly on a NordicTrack E 7.0 elliptical machine so I can move it downstairs. How can I separate the unit into 2 or 3 pieces to make it easier to move. It is too heavy to carry downstairs for 2 people.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Obviously, you must do an assembly, but in reverse. Get it just enough apart again, that (without yanking on any cables that might still be connecting the parts - and don't depend on being able to not put stress on cables that are still connecting major parts, because there will always be a moment of jerking on such cables at some point, and a strained or broken cable is very much harder to replace, unusually, than it is to disconnect temporarily and then re-connect later... ) you can carry one of the portions that are separated from the other portion. So follow your assembly instructions, with that in mind (getting the machine into two portions. Or at least, into minor portions, and the main heavy part having the appendages e.g. bars, handles removed so as to make the bulk of it a simple bulk, easier to maneuver through doorways or into and out of stairwells, etc.)