treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon

I have a precor 932i that i took to altex to have a zener

Customer Question

i have a precor 932i that i took to altex to have a zener diode replaced. they dont provide them there they just install. they didnt have any info on what the parts numbers were. i need ZD7 and R43
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Fitness Equipment Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no, thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If I understand you, you need two parts identified as a diode and a resistor respectively, and they are only otherwise identified so far with component numbers taken off the board by visual inspection.

You need a parts list for the Precor at this point, I think. I've taken a look and cannot find several obvious sources of one, except for one that has (seemingly) no information on the PCA or PCB that I presume those components are needed for.

Do either of the two components have any information inscribed on them that you can read? or, color codes (in the case of the resistor) ? or are they SMD components (very small) ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They have J2W on them. I attached some pics

I really regret having to say it, but my expertise is more with 'large' components than SMD / microcomponents.

And since I also have not found any component information in the service manual for this model, and have no skills at finding schematics for exercise equipment, I must Opt Out, with my sincere apologies.

Opting Out opens the case to other Experts in this category. Hopefully one will have the kills I lack to interpret your question and those fine up-close photos, to bring the case to a good conclusion.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I never got another response from another tech