Joe, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.

We just moved a Nordic Track T5.7 from my sisters house to

Customer Question

We just moved a Nordic Track T5.7 from my sisters house to mine. It is less than 2 years old and was barely used. When I walk it is fine, however as soon as I start to run there is a loud banging noise like the plastic side parts are hitting something.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Joe replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Was this also a problem before moving it? If not there is a chance something simply got knocked loose unless the unit was banged into something or dropped. I would start by removing the cover and see if any components are loose and able to move around.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did this and nothing is loose. It literally just sounds like something is banging along the sides of the treadmill. I actually found a video someone posted on Youtube (see link below) a couple of years ago with the exact same noise for the exact same treadmill. Unfortunately, only 1 person responded to her question and they indicated it might not be level. I checked this and it appears level. There is no noise unless I start to run at a 5 or higher speed.
Expert:  Joe replied 6 months ago.

You will want to check corner to corner level. Next check your belt and make sure it is cleaned and proper adjustment and that it is not loose which goes for both, there is also a special belt lube for the track, check your rollers, etc.