Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

My pacemaster pro plus tells me i have a dead sensor iput a

Customer Question

my pacemaster pro plus tells me i have a dead sensor iput a new sensor in and it still tells me i have a dead sensor can this theadmill be saved?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: at first after it stopped running it would start and race fast then shut down after a few seconds and flash dead sensor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Exercise Equipment Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi there,

Check the sensor wiring for continuity when the sensor is activated. Check the wiring all the way to the control board.

If the wiring is broken or damaged, it may prevent the signal getting to the control board and cause this error to occur.