Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry
22727371

I bought a C9i exercise bike in about 2007. I haven't used

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I bought a C9i exercise bike in about 2007. I haven't used it for years but lent it to my daughter recently. However, the control panel doesn't light up. I guess the battery needs replacing but where is the battery stored and how do I access it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Fitness Equipment Technician should know?
Customer: Thanks Pearl. On the assumption that it is just the battery then how difficult is it to replace and where do I get the replacement from.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

The most common and likely cause to this type of problem are:
1. Battery
2. Alternator
3. Data Cable
4. Alternator Control Board

These four things needs to be checked to get the console back to alright.

Do you have electronics repair experience?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for that. I was called away from my desk so could not reply sooner. I don't have any electronics repair experience I'm afraid. My exercise bike (C9i) is quite old and may well not be the latest model. I bought it in 2007, I think. What I really need to know is how to access the battery compartment and where do I get a replacement battery from? If that doesn't work then, from what you say, I need to take a look at the alternator but in the first instance let's see if it is the battery. Many thanks. Kind regards Harvey

Thanks for replying,

I will give you assembly manual in which on page 7 or the second last page you will be able to find the instructions on how to replace battery.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks but that manual seems to apply to a more recent model of this bike. Mine was bought in 2007 and doesn't look quite the same as the one that the manual shows. Do you have a copy of an older manual perhaps?

I am sorry to say the older manual is not available.

The process is almost similar.

For Product Service :

Life Fitness Europe GmbH
Telephone: (+49) 089.317.751.66
FAX: (+49) 089.317.751.38

Life Fitness (UK) LTD
Telephone: (+44) 1353.665507
FAX: (+44) 1353.666018

Life Fitness Atlantic BV
Life Fitness Benelux

Telephone: (+32) 03.644.44.88
FAX: (+32) 03.644.24.80
Telephone: (+32) 87.300.942
FAX: (+32) 87.300.943

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK. Thanks. That concludes my questions.

Please rate my service by clicking on one of the stars at the top > then click Submit.