Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Have WLEL2947 that was donated to our Boys & Girls club. Put

Customer Question

Have WLEL2947 that was donated to our Boys & Girls club. Put batteries in and display lights up, lets you select programs and resistance but does not count down time nor change resistance. It is very hard to operate in its current state. I have taken off the side covers and discovered that the magnets were causing the reistance but as stated, changing it on the display panel does nothing and the resistance motor does not move either. Pulling the magnets away from the Flywheel allows it to work easier.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think the machine was donated because of its defects. And that, unless it was moved roughly or with stress to its moving or movable parts, it has some severe possible aspects that need repairs.

- When you took off the side covers, did anything look broken or stressed?

- Especially, did the circuit board or boards look cracked or broken?

You might have damage caused by mechanical stress or breaking in being moved,

or you might have a defective motor control board, but a damaged/defective control console, or connections and connectors to the console damaged, is what is most likely to be the problem, as far as I can tell at this stage.

What budget would you be willing to risk, toward getting the WLEL2947 machine working again?