Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have a Nordiac track T7si treadmill that suddenly quit

Customer Question

I have a Nordiac track T7si treadmill that suddenly quit working this morning. It has been used very little and was on an extended warrenty. There is power to the controls, to the switch and motor board but the track will not move. Really weird. I have reset etc. is there a fuse somewhere? that could be bad? ***** *****sh
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Fitness Equipment Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of unless there is power everywhere but the actual motor which I don't have the tool to check.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi there,

Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

If there is power to the controls and motor board then the fuse is ok.

The motor itself may have seized - this is common if the machine is used very little.

Test the motor by connecting a suitable battery or power pack to it and check if it turns independently.

If the motor is faulty then it can be replaced under your extended warranty.