Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My incline trainer Xi9 will not go back to zero. I tried

Customer Question

My incline trainer Xi9 will not go back to zero. I tried incline calibration and factory reset and it still stops at about 20 degrees. I have unplugged it and even tried pressing stop and + speed then connect the safety key
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Nothing else to tell, no lightening strikes etc
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Exercise Equipment Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You have done most or all of the things that should be tried initially and are to be congratulated.

But, the way it looks, the device may need either repair (or replacement if you prefer.)

There may be a misaligned position sensor, or the mechanical linkage may be defective or have slipped and be incapable of being run back to zero position.

Or everything of the position sensor and mechanical linkage sort, may turn out faultless when examined, but there should in that case be an error in the motor controller board that drives the incline.