Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My treadmill starts and then stops immediately. I checked

Customer Question

My treadmill starts and then stops immediately.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I checked the motor with a dc voltmeter and it seems fine. The light on control board flashes when motor engages
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fitness Equipment Technician should know?
Customer: If I move the speed sensor around it will run for longer or shorter amounts of time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Fitness Equipment Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

One other thing to check that I didn't see mentioned above was the voltage coming from the motor control board. From the motor control board to the motor, the voltage should fluctuate when the speed is changed. If it does not, or if the voltage isn't coming from that borad, then the motor control board needs to be replaced.