Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a T101 horizon treadmill, it starts, runs 15-20

Customer Question

I have a T101 horizon treadmill, it starts, runs for about 15-20 seconds then slows to a stop, it waits for about 3-5 seconds try's to start again and then quickly stops with the e1 error. A small red light blinks as the motor spins. I tested the motor by itself by connecting a drill battery to it, does that mean it's the controller board. Didn't keep the treadmill lubed, the time I did apply silicone it quickly said I needed to do it again, thought the sensor wasn't working properly
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

If the motor runs fine when connected to a battery, then the belt may be causing drag and overworking it.

If adding lubricant did not help then the belt itself may be worn out and needs to be replaced - check for frayed or crumbling black pieces of rubber under the belt as a telltale sign of wear.