Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a recumbent exercise bike, but it will not change

Customer Question

I have a recumbent exercise bike, but it will not change resistance. I have it taken apart, and the tension motor is working and the tension cable is moving and I can see it moving the other end of the cable that is attached to the flywheel. However, even though it moves when I change the resistance on the screen the resistance remains the same. How do I fix this? The screen says it has changed resistance as well
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would assume that the 'brake' inside the wheel is defective, for whatever reason.

But that might be a wrong assumption, perhaps.

And I regret that I do not know how to disassemble or service the 'brake' within the flywheel, so I have Opted Out again, in favor of another Expert or in deference to a more informed opinion.