Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Livestrong ls13.0e 544 incline motor will not shut off.

Customer Question

Livestrong ls13.0e 544 incline motor will not shut off. Keeps driving to top position and will not stop. Prior to this distance meter stopped working.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please explain what you mean by 'distance meter stopped working'... I presume you mean a console displayed function, but I'm not quite certain.

As for the incline motor not stopping: that could be the sensor that tells the control board what position the incline is in. Or it could be the controller board in a status of 'broken' or of sheer aberrational behavior.

But tell me: it could also be the console is 'broken' or defective. Esp. if the 'distance meter' is a console function.

So the question at this point is: Is the console set to tell the incline to raise to go upward? or is it spontaneously, the instant it is turned On, increasing the incline?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Russell: Thanks for your reply.
The incline motor is starting as soon as the machine is turned on. I can go into a program and adjust the incline setting from 0 to 50% and it does nothing to stop the incline motor. The resistance motor seems to work correctly as I adjust it up and down.
The distance meter. When first starting in a program it seems to work, but after after a few tenths of miles or a pause of the program, it stops working. Watts goes to 0 and it will not start recording distance again.

Given that the incline change happens the instant power is applied, you either have a defective motor controller board, or a defective control console.

As for the distance meter... that is somewhat less certain than I thought at first it would be. If the console receives information about elapsed distance through the motor controller board, then the motor controller board could be at fault too.

That could be settled simply by seeing whether the speed sensor goes to the motor controller board or, in one branch of the cable from it at least, directly to the console. In the first place, replacing the motor controller board might help, in the second case, the console would be implicated most likely, as needing replacement (possibly owing to an electronically 'jammed' incline controlling function.)