Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a golds gyms 480 tredmill that isnt getting full

Customer Question

Hi, i have a golds gyms 480 tredmill that isnt getting full power on the belt
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i would would be on it with a speed of 2.5 and would be working fine for 2mins but the the power will shut down. i would have to get off the belt so it can start regular speed again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Exercise Equipment Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Approximately how old is the treadmill?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Does it run ok if you are not on it?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Does the sound from the motor and belt appear normal or are there any unusual sounds or burning smells?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

After the motor shuts down, feel it to check if it is hot to the touch. If it is very hot then it may be faulty and will need to be replaced. If the motor is not very warm when it shuts down then the belt may be pulling the motor due to high friction, and causing it to shut down. To prevent this happening, try applying some belt lubricant to the underside of the belt to help it run more smoothly.