Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I own a True elliptical exercise machine and I get a "stride

Customer Question

I own a True elliptical exercise machine and I get a "stride 1 motor error" on the screen, this is the second time in a month that this has occurred, they came out and replaced one of the motors the first time and are intending to do that again. Does this happen often with this brand?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Fitness Equipment Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm not sure of the situation, since I don't (and you don't) have the first 'defective motor' to test and check.

It is remotely possible that the motor controller board is defective, and is mistakenly sensing the motor as defective. Or that the 'motor error' basically can apply to the motor controller board being defective also.

Do you use the machine for long continuous periods in a warm (84 degrees F or higher) environment, by chance?

If, also, any of the joints or axles in what the stride 1 motor drives is too stiff or seized-up, that might overstrain the motor to the point of failure.