treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

Lifefitness tr 9100 speed control error 28
, my

Customer Question

hi ***** *****. lifefitness tr 9100 speed control error 28
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: hi matthew my lifitness treadmill don't work i want fix it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Exercise Equipment Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Matthew replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thanks for requesting me. They tend to refer to Error 28 as a "speed control error code," so in order for me to troubleshoot and brainstorm, I need you to please answer me the following questions. Hopefully, we can get to the bottom of the issue. Feel free to give brief answers:

1) How long have you had the treadmill?

2) Has it been in storage or not used for a while, or you've been using it and the error just showed up?

3) Where exactly do you have it plugged in, and it is on a 15-20 Amp dedicated outlet/circuit?

4) Did the issue just start, or has it happened before?

5) Does the error happen after a workout, or even before you start it up and does no even run at all?

These will help tremendously.

4)

I would suggest you go into service/diagnostics mode