Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Horizon Omega treadmill and it's giving me an E1

Customer Question

Hi i have a Horizon Omega treadmill and it's giving me an E1 error, I've taken the hood off and when I power it up i get all ZEROS with 2 red lights on, but if I press the speed button to get it started a third light comes on and after a few seconds it goes into E1 error. No movement at all. My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I think I gave you all I can, what else do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Exercise Equipment Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi Julio,

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

E1 indicates a possible problem with the speed sensor, near the motor. You will need to check the speed sensor for proper alignment, cleanliness and function. It should be located near the front roller or mounted on the motor. It should be within a credit cards width of the magnet or toothed wheel. If it is properly adjusted then test with a multi-meter to see if it is opening and closing correctly by manually spinning the front roller or motor flywheel. If the sensor is not responding when tested then it will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Didn't work, but I just discovered if I push the belt and while it's in movement turn the speed on it works, however it will not turn on it's own
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Ok, then something is causing the belt to drag - has the machine been serviced recently?

If the belt is worn underneath, it will need to be replaced.

Have you tried applying some belt lubricant to the underside of the belt?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But the motor doesn't turn at all unless assisted
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Ok one more test - remove the belt completely from the motor and check if it turns on its own;

if it will still not turn unassisted then the motor has a fault and will need to be replaced.