Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Is there any way to lubricate the motor on the platinum pro?

Customer Question

Is there any way to lubricate the motor on the platinum pro? Ours has become extremely noisy.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I haven't actually looked at the motor but all I can say is that it has become noisy as if a bearing may be dry??
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Exercise Equipment Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

If the noise is coming from the motor itself then the motor will need to be replaced.

More commonly on the Platinum Pro treadmills, the noise can come from the front roller pulley bearings when the motor is running. The roller assembly can be replaced to correct this problem.