Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have an HRC 850 True treadmill and it isn't moving. It has

Customer Question

I have an HRC 850 True treadmill and it isn't moving. It has an E5 message. I took the cover off the bottom and the green light is flashing quickly
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: our grandkids were playing on it while it was off over the weekend...other than that, that's all I know.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fitness Equipment Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. I am an Expert in the Exercise Equipment category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

This error specifically is a speed error - meaning that either the speed sensor is not sending the correct speed, or it is not sending a signal at all. Since the speed sensor shouldn't move, it is likely the latter - the speed sensor has failed. Check the speed sensor and make sure it is still in place - the two parts should come within the thickness of a credit card of each other. If they do, then they are correctly positioned. The voltage of that sensor should vary from about 4 volts to 0 when the sensors are aligned. If not, then it needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have any questions.