Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

, my proform770ekg stops while walking usually goes fro

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my proform770ekg stops while walking usually goes fro 10 minutes or so then stops, the power stays on... we have lubricated and changed the control module that controls the speed. and it still stops
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Exercise Equipment Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete part or board number of the "...control module..."

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Icon / Proform / Sears Exercise Treadmill Motor Control Board 184695 184695R-ICN-R-12, and we have adjusted the reed close to the magnet - it is still stoppint
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Proposed preliminary checks (if have not been done):

• • check for voltage output from the control board to the motor;
  • • verify pulsating continuity of the reed switch; and
  • • test the motor using a car's 12V battery .

A friendly reminder: voltage measurements b y its very nature requires that the unit is plugged in and the circuit powered up. It is therefore LIVE! Please exercise due care and caution.