Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My treadmill belt won't move I've tested the motor with a 12

Customer Question

My treadmill belt won't move I've tested the motor with a 12 volt battery the belt works when I hooked it up it works the controls com on and the belt just won't work when plugged up
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mya treadmill belt won't run while plugged in The motor is good the belt it worked when I plugged the motor into a 12 volt battery bun not while plugged in
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

If the motor is working when connected to a battery but not when connected to the treadmill system, then the controller board is suspect. First though, check all cabling and ensure nothing is loose. Then try using a voltmeter to test the power output from the motor controller board - if it is not good, then the board will need to be replaced.