Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

The incline in my Pro Form Performance 300 treadmill goes up

Customer Question

The incline in my Pro Form Performance 300 treadmill goes up and down and there in way to stop it
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. I am an Expert in the Exercise Equipment category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Please try the incline controls and let me know if it does anything at all.

What you will need to do is test the motor controller board. The motor controller board should be controlling the incline motor when you use the controls. It does this by varying the voltage to the motor. To check it, you will have to open the base and check the voltage on the terminals coming into the incline motor - it should stay at a constant voltage if you are not moving the controls. If it doesn't, follow those wires back to the motor controller board. Here is a link to the replacement board:

http://bitli.es/gQ3AJk