Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Noisy when I am on it creaking noise. also jerky when

Customer Question

noisy when I am on it creaking noise. also jerky when running.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you want a technician to give it maintenance, inspection, and overhaul, then please tell me

1. where you are located - in general terms, not your specific address. Your postal code or nearest town/city and your province, would do.

2. what the maker and the model # ***** your treadmill is.

If you cared to do this yourself, it may be worth mentioning also:

The solution that you should try first, is that the belt might need readjusting and lubrication (with the special, non-grease, lubricant these treadmill belts generally require.)

The belt should be adjusted, generally speaking, so that it is loose enough that it does not quite slip, but nearly that loose.

If the belt is adjusted (or, has shrunk up with age, and lack of lubricant...) too tightly, then it can stop the treadmill from working or running. An over-tight treadmill belt can cause wear, or even damage, in many other ways, such as by overheating the motor.