Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a treadmill Tunturi T40 that stop to work some days

Customer Question

I have a treadmill Tunturi T40 that stop to work some days ago.
Its definitely not a belt problem, unhooked the drive belt from the motor to the running belt and the motor still does not turn - with absolutely no load, therefore it is a circuit board problem or a motor burnout. Checked the error code on line and found it to be a speed sensor, checked the speed sensor and it was dirty and misaligned (and I know it was not recording distance and speed correctly) adjusted everything and still no luck at getting it going for some reason too much load, still dimming lights.
Here is what I have checked in detail:
- Machine plugged in
- Machine safety switch properly in place
- The machine is giving E1 error which means Speed sensor problem, I aligned and cleaned everything around the speed sensor - does not work.
- No wires loose under the cover, everything clean and in tact
- The running belt is running free, no restrictions, moves easily.
- I disconnected the motor drive belt to the running belt to see if the motor would run free, but it did not.
- When I reset the machine (everything hooked back up) and try to start it again it starts for 1 second draws a lot of power (dims lights in room) and shuts down.
Could be the motor controller.
I think it makes sense to ask to a service man. I need a professional technician to trouble shoot it. Would you know who I can contact in Zurich, Switzerland?
Thank you in advance for your input/support.
Best regards,
Luca ***@******.***
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Im sorry to hear that!

In this case you have a bad motor, it shoudl turn freely;-)

I'm not sure where you can get one in Switzerland, but if you cant locate that part there, you can use this supplier in the US, they are excellent;-)

TOLL FREE 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri CST

(###) ###-####/p>

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael