Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a 3yo Horizon t6 AFG elite treadmill, it has been

Customer Question

I have a 3yo Horizon t6 AFG elite treadmill, it has been perfect. Now, it has begun starting up slow fine, but above about 4mph the motor erratically speeds up then immediately shuts down. All electronic display continues to run as if nothing is wrong... Any help appreciated.
Steve
***@******.***
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Steve, there are a couple of things you can check... it could be the motor, or it could be the motor controller board. To check, open the machine up and apply 12-18 volts DC to the main motor - if it runs at a constant speed, it is likely OK. If that's the case, measure the voltage coming from the motor controller board if it varies for no reason, then that is what is causing your problem. If this is the case, the motor controller board will need to be replaced.