Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Just replaced motor on a Horizon 3.0T treadmill -- console

Customer Question

Just replaced motor on a Horizon 3.0T treadmill -- console lights up
But treadmill will not operate -- incline motor is ok
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Although replacing the motor shouldn't affect the console, I would first check the function of the motor by connecting 12-18v DC to it to make sure that it runs at a constant speed with a constant voltage. If it does, then follow that back to the motor controller board and see if it is sending out voltages to the motor and that they vary when you vary the controls. It may be a bad motor controller board and this will help you find out, especially if it is the same problem that led you to do this repair.