Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Nautilus NR 2000 that I recently moved from one

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Nautilus NR 2000 that I recently moved from one location to another. After the move, the tension and HR monitor does not work. Computer works, but no tension increase. The magnet is in place and the sensor is almost touching the magnet. Advise would be greatly appreciated
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Tension does not increase or decrease. Machine makes noise but tension never increases
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Exercise Equipment Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

This sounds like a problem that we see a lot after someone moves with their equipment. And what you have already done seems to validate that it might be the case. What I would suggest doing is checking the continuity of the individual wires that go from the console to the motor control board in the base. Sometimes these wires can be worn from rubbing against the metal in the frame, and sometimes they can get pinched or disconnected somewhere when disassembling and assembling. If you find that the continuity is ok, then go to the controller board they are connected to and make sure it is sending voltage to the motors and that the voltage varies when the controls are operated. If not, then the controller board needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have any questions.