treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

I have a true 450 soft select treadmill. I have an e5 sensor

Customer Question

Customer: I have a true 450 soft select treadmill. I have an e5 sensor code showing. How can I find out what the problem is?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was working ok, but sort of hesitating at times almost stopping so I tool the top off to check the belt and when i put it back together and it did run a couple of times. Now it has the e5 sensor on the display. I have noticed that when i push the start button I hear a snapping sound.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Exercise Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your treadmill?

What exactly will the treadmill do now other than the error? Anything?

Also here is the user manual in case you need one;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael