Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

The bike's computer isn't functioning; can it be replaced?

Customer Question

Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Yes, they can almost always be replaced, depending on the manufacturer and model.

If you provide me with the Manufacturer and model, I can check and let you know if the replacement for yours specifically is available and where.

A password *****'t be much good if it could easily be defeated, so to start over again you'll have to do a Hard Reset.

To perform a Hard Reset: (Palm Knowledgebase article #887)

http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/887_en.html

While pressing and holding the Power button down, tap and release the Reset button in back and continue to hold the Power button down. When the grey Palm logo appears, you can release the Power button.

You should now see the warning page in about 5 languages. Press the UP direction on the 5-way pad to complete the task. Your Palm will reset itself several times as it re-installs the original programs and erases all your previous data.