Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a free motion 760 wifi treadmill. I've owned it a

Customer Question

I have a free motion 760 wifi treadmill. I've owned it a couple of years but have never set up the wifi and can't find the instruction book. Through trial and error I was able to discover my network but when I go to put in my network password, I don't seem to have control over selecting the proper combination of letters and numbers. Please advise.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When you input a WiFi 'password' or passphrase, you need to input the lower-case letters in lower-case, and the Upper Case letters IN UPPER-CASE, like that.

Otherwise, you just have to put in every character accurately as it is, not mistaking a small-L (l) for a number-one (1) or similar errors.

Is it the producing of UPPER CASE and lower-case letters that is a difficulty? if so, look for a 'SHIFT' control, or a 'switch screens' control that will take the on-screen keyboard to the other sort of letters.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My problem is in selecting any letters or numbers. There is no keyboard so I have to select the character I want. It presents me with groups of 4 or 5 characters at a time but won't let me pinpoint the exact character I want. Question is unanswered.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I have done considerable research through several files, and several websites... and I've come to the conclusion that aside from the instruction guide, you need the overlay card, that is placed over the display when you are entering the passphrase for WiFi:

https://ifit.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/200551230/Treadmill_-_WiFi.pdf

in step 4, goes through some of the details... and apparently, getting to the 'Shift' key depends on knowing where it is, as guided by the overlay card that is put over the console.

And I suppose that as well as lacking the instruction manual, you also lack the overlay card - is that correct?