Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

A friend has an old powerjog J series treadmill which she

Customer Question

Hi, A friend has an old powerjog J series treadmill which she asked me to check out. When switched on, the display shows a series of coloured lines, the LED on the motherboard is on and there is a continuous beep from the alarm. Apparently the machine worked fine until it was moved. Does this seem like a screen/controller issue, or a software problem?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Powerjog approximate?

And may I have the Full model # ***** your Treadmill so I can be sure what to tell you on this?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Michael
The machine is approximately 15 years old. I couldn't find a model when I looked yesterday. I expected to find it marked on the machine somewhere, but it is just marked with a J on the front motor housing. I can't find a rating plate anywhere. I believe it's a JX100 based on information from the internet as it has incline. I am an electrical technician by the way, so happy to test anything if necessary, but have no knowledge of the machine.
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi that should be enough to order the part you need ;-)

The problem is the main console, expensive and hard to find for this one ;-(

I wish I had better news for you I really do, but in this case the part is expensive and due to the age of the treadmill, I would have to say she would be better off buying a new one because other components are going to fail soon as well.

But if cost is no object I can source the part for you and will help you all the way through the repair, just let me know on that?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you..

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael