Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Newly developed clicking that speeds up with increasing the

Customer Question

newly developed clicking that speeds up with increasing the speed .Drive belt not centered on roller .all other functions normal.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

You will have to adjust the rollers to center the drive belt. I'm not sure what model you have, but on most, there is a bolt on the outside of each roller that you can use to make small adjustments and get the belt centered again - they are usually in the form of a large hex bolt. You will probably have to remove the corner caps in order to access them. Only turn them slightly with each adjustment - the idea is to get the two rollers parallel so that the belt will be perfectly centered. If centering of the belt does not resolve the clicking, please let me know and we can check some other things.