J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

Are you able to help me figure out my precor 9.31? It

Customer Question

Hi. Are you able to help me figure out my precor 9.31?
It trips/shuts down when I get sorted up past 4 (I'm 185) but trips for my wife at 6 (she's 130). Any thoughts? Thank you
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 10 months ago.

Well for starters you have a worn belt and deck . Thats why its shutting off its drawing too much power on the board and tripping it. Depending how long thus has been going on you may have damaged the board as well. Are you the original owner? How long have you had the machine? If you are the original owner you mm ay be under warranty.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi. I'm not the original owner. I've had it for five years since my friend gifted it to me in a moving purge. This has been going on for a week/5 episodes of turning off.
Expert:  J.T. replied 10 months ago.

Ok so its had a good amount of use then. Its your belt and deck for sure. Depending how close you are to your friend maybe you can get them to seeif they are under warranty still. Some have a 7 or even 10 yyear warranty

Expert:  J.T. replied 10 months ago.

Otherwise your looking at a hefty repair bill.You can check prices at www.fitnessrepairparts.com orwww.treadmilldoctor.com

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've read about lubricating a deck. Are there any patch solutions if my friend can't prove warranty?
Expert:  J.T. replied 10 months ago.

Your model does not get lubricated. Once they are worn they need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
To be clear. Am I replacing both the belt and the deck? I see belts ranging from 150 to 250. But no "deck".
Expert:  J.T. replied 10 months ago.

Yes they wear together. Running deck, deck platform, tread base. Badically its that hard board. With a few holes on it to screw it down. When the belt wears on the deck it takes the paint of the deck.

Expert:  J.T. replied 10 months ago.

Here is one