Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I purchased a Sears Proform CrosswalkFit 415 Treadmill

Customer Question

I purchased a Sears Proform CrosswalkFit 415 Treadmill Exerciser in November 2013. I walk 3miles on it almost every day. When I get to 1.5 miles, I start smelling a burning smell that lasts until I complete my 3 mile walk. This has been happening for4 the past year.
What can I do to alleviate this problem? I am concerned that the equipment will ignite or the motor will burn out.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The solution that you should try first, is that the belt needs readjusting, and lubrication (with the special, non-grease, lubricant these treadmill belts generally require.)

The belt should be adjusted, generally speaking, so that it is loose enough that it does not quite slip, but nearly that loose.

If the belt is adjusted (or, has shrunk up with age, and lack of lubricant...) too tightly, then it can stop the treadmill from working or running. An over-tight treadmill belt can cause wear, or even damage, in many other ways, such as by overheating the motor.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
where do I buy the belt lubricant? Also where do I apply the belt lubricant?

Belt lubricant is usually a sort of silicone powder. It has no regular (grease/oil-type) lubricant in it.

Belt lubricant is applied to the belt, simply. All over, spread around.

And you can buy it, here:

http://www.sears.com/lifespan-fitness-100-silicone-treadmill-lubricant/p-00629245000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

and it is the sort you really need:

1. for the belt, not other parts

2. for treadmills, of more than one brand or type.

&

3. silicone-based.