Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

, I have a true 500hrco. a few weeks ago it stopped

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a true 500hrco. a few weeks ago it stopped working. specifically when you press the start button the treadmill doesn't start. all the other buttons "beep" when pressed, just not the start button safety switch appears to be working - it beeps when you insert it into the treadmill
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Exercise Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

There are a couple of things that can cause this. First, I would check the motor. To do that, open the machine up and then apply 12-18v dc to the main motor. With constant voltage, it should run at a constant speed. If it does, then the motor is likely fine.

Follow the wires currently connected to the motor - that will lead back to the motor controller board. This board should be sending voltage to the motor based on how fast you want the motor to be going. If the voltages are not there, or they are not changing when you press the controls, then the motor controller board needs to be replaced. This is a very common problem.

If that's the case, let me know and I will help you to locate a replacement board.