J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

It's the e1 error message on the Horizon t101 treadmill the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** It's the e1 error message on the Horizon t101 treadmill the treadmill starts and the belt moves, but as soon as i step on the belt, it stops
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it seems that the treadmill doesn't have the power to move the belt after I've stepped on it. After 1 or 2 attempts, there's an alarm sound and the E1 error message shows on the treadmill screen
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Exercise Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, i can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 10 months ago.

Does it run fine if you don't step on it? Can you increase and decrease speed and elevation normally?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can increase/decrease speed and incline and it seems to work fine if I don't step on the belt.
Expert:  J.T. replied 10 months ago.

Have you ever lubricated the deck and belt?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, can't remember doing that any time recently. Might have done it once since I got the treadmill, couple years ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But it seems like the belt just doesn't have any power, you think it's lubrication issue?
Expert:  J.T. replied 10 months ago.

Well it's most likely beyond a lube issue now. After not lubricating it causes more friction and heat which damages component. Most likely your Motor has over heated too many times and needs to be replaced along with belt and deck

Expert:  J.T. replied 10 months ago.

Try to lube it up very well and see if it makes any difference. If it does you know that's the problem

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what type of lubricant do i use?
Expert:  J.T. replied 10 months ago.

100% liquid silicone. Spray under the belt as far as you can from front to back on both sides. Then see if there is any difference