J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

I have a freemotion r7.7 recumbent bike that is having a

Customer Question

Hello, I have a freemotion r7.7 recumbent bike that is having a problem of the pedal/crank slipping while pedaling. It is very quick and not pleasant. This model has a belt with no tensioner, however, by removing the cover panels over the flywheel, I could see that the belt is not slipping. The problem is with the small hub on the flywheel. If I slowly turn a crank by hand, the flywheel engages as it should. If I move the crank with a quick action, the hub just freely spins without the flywheel turning. It appears a spline or something is not working correctly. Nothing was found broken or even loose.
Thanks, Mark
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 10 months ago.

That's the clutch assembly. If you can order just that hub great. If not you will need to replace that entire flywheel.

Expert:  J.T. replied 10 months ago.

You can Check for Parts at fitnessrepairparts. Com or Treadmill doctor. Com